Following the first ministers announcement on 18/06/2020 Iriston House Dental Practice will open on 22/06/2029.
As per the Scottish Government and the Chief Dental Officer Guidance we are only allowed 1 surgery open each day and limited to seeing 10 patients per day for urgent dental care only with our oncall dentist.
Our new OPENING HOURS during this time will be Monday to Friday 9AM – 5PM.
All patients are to adhere to the following instructions during this time:
️Phoning the practice during coronavirus️:
- Please be patient as our phone lines are very busy during this time, you may have to wait but we will do our best to speak to you as fast as we can.
- Please only call the practice during this time if you have any of the following signs or symptoms:🦷unmanageable pain despite taking over the counter pain relief 🦷 Facial swelling 🦷 Broken tooth or filling out that is causing pain 🦷 An ulcer that has been there for 2 weeks and not healing 🦷 Uncontrollable bleeding 🦷 Trauma
- Our receptionist will ask you mandatory questions that have been advised by the SG and CDO so please be patient as this can take up to 10 minutes.
- If you are eligible to get an appointment with the SG&CDO guidance then our receptionist will explain the new instructions as the practice is not running business as normal.
- We may have to refer patients to one of our dentists for further triage if we feel we cannot adhere to your needs in practice during this time.
🩺If you have an appointment at the practice during coronavirus🩺:
please watch video of patient journey for iriston house dental practice
- To help prevent the spread of infection, we ask patients not to come to the practice unless they have an appointment.
- If you have an appointment do not arrive early or late, please arrive at your designated appointment time.
- If you have an appointment please ring the door bell on the right hand side. Do not touch anything else, the front door will be locked. A staff member will greet you at the front door and ask you mandatory questions prior to you entering the practice.
- There is a hand sanitising station set up in the practice hallway, please use upon entry to the practice.
- Where possible please come to your appointment unaccompanied.
- The practice will not be asking patients to fill out medical history forms or sign the clinipads for GP17’s, however staff members on the phone will ask you your status of payment and exemptions.
- We are not allowed to carry out aerosol generating procedures (this is any use of a dental drill), this means that we will only be able to carry out emergency non-aerosol treatment in the practice.
- Any previously planned treatments, examinations or hygiene appointments will be rescheduled at a later date.
- Practice toilet facilities are limited, however is you wish to use our facilities please inform a staff member.
- Please limit personal belongings that you bring to your appointment, if possible limit to 1 small bag. If you have a jacket please leave in your car or at home if possible.
- Please observe social distancing when in the practice.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time, please be patient and kind to all staff during this time. We understand it is frustrating. Please monitor the practice website and Facebook for further updates.
Take care – all the staff at iriston house dental practice.